16+ Alcohol & Cannabis Toolkit
This toolkit includes all materials to support workshops on alcohol and cannabis that we have developed for young adults aged 16-25. The toolkit includes an implementation guide, which works in tandem with bespoke PowerPoints, film clips on relevant topics, on line activities via talkaboutalcohol.com, as well as real time activities for the facilitator, to deliver.
The materials cover information and guidance regarding the safer use of alcohol and also will help attendees develop the resilience and coping strategies to help avoid problem drinking. Participants will learn about the mental and physical effects of cannabis, the risks of using it with alcohol and will gain a greater understanding of the dangers of escalating use. They will learn how to recognise the signs of dependent drinking and drug use and where to go for help and support.
The workshops can be broken down into topics and we recommend delivery, if possible, over at least four sessions – allow 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours for each. The activities and toolkit can be used in small groups, but the activities and advice cards are designed to be adapted for one to one work with clients where preferred.
The workshop implementation guide, resource toolkit and powerPoints will:
• Provide attendees with the information and skills to encourage positive life choices to enable better wellbeing;
• Equip young adults with the knowledge to stay safe when going out;
• Provide a greater understanding of the dangers of poly use of cannabis and alcohol;
• Help young people develop the resilience and coping strategies to help avoid problem drinking and regular cannabis use;
• Allow participants to recognise the signs of dependent drinking and drug use and to know where to go for help and support.