Thanks to Postcode Lottery Funding, the Alcohol Education Trust is investing in technology to complement our award-winning material & resources with virtual material and film clips. This Competition focuses on peer to peer elements to inspire others to make safer choices around alcohol. We are asking young people, to talk about drinking and its effects e.g. staying safe, drink spiking, resisting peer pressure and festival safety. Download the poster here.
Participants are directed not to highlight extremes of behaviour or be scare mongering. The campaigns/ films should be informative but responsible and be a prompt to safer choices and behaviour as they and their peers reach the age of 18.
The subject matters of this competition are aimed at students who are 16+. Please note that there is no safe level of drinking for under 18 year olds and that the Chief Medical Officer advises an alcohol free childhood up to the age of at least 15.
The winning and runner up entries will be included on the Talk About Alcohol website ongoing or for AET communications to young people age 16 and above.
Our website hosts a plethora of information including Where to go for help and useful contacts
If you or students would like more information or to talk through ideas, please do contact Karen@alcoholeducationtrust.org
Please ensure that all entrants read and understand how to enter the Competition and the Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Alcohol Education Trust, registered Charity 1186202 whose registered office is Pavilion in the Park – St John Way – Poundbury – Dorchester – Dorset – DT1 2FG. Tel:01305 259142
- The competition is open to young people aged 15 – 19 years excluding close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- Competition entries (Films should be no longer than 5 minutes with a file size limit of 1 GB maximum) can be uploaded via https://wetransfer.com/ Email: email@example.com or on a USB stick and posted to Alcohol Education Trust,
- Closing date for entry will be 31st July 2021. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Winners will be chosen by Alcohol Education Trust Trustees and a panel of judges whose decision will be final.
- The winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date.
- Prize money will be awarded to the winning school/ organisation for them to distribute as they think appropriate.
- Winners agree to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material post competition i.e. photos and profile in our newsletter, on our websites, social media and national/local press.
- Winning entries will be used by the Alcohol Education Trust non commercially to help young people stay safe around alcohol. The Copyright of the materials will become the property of the Alcohol Education Trust.
- Any personal data relating to the winners or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.