A wonderful opportunity has arisen to join our small team at The Alcohol Education Trust Charity to support schools, colleges, special schools, youth and sports clubs across the South, South West and Midlands to ensure that young people learn to stay safe around alcohol.
The role is part time and largely home based (18 hours per week over 3 days). The hours are flexible, with more expected in term time and less in school holidays. £26,390 pro rata. 1 year contract.
The Alcohol Education Trust has a very specific remit – the provision of alcohol education in different ways, to young people age 11 – 18 and their parents/carers. We provide engaging and evidence based resources and lesson plans for teachers as well as day to day support and training. We work with schools, PRU’s, special schools, local authorities, youth groups, foster agencies, police and parents to provide holistic support to young people throughout school and society, bringing people together across different communities and settings.
The Coordinator will help fulfil the Alcohol Education Trust’s remit, namely to:
- Host training workshops for teachers/community leaders on how to use the Talk About Alcohol programme and other resources.
- Host Talking to Kids about Alcohol sessions for parents/carers in school, or informal settings. We have an additional focus for foster carers and for parents of children with moderate learning difficulties.
- Actively contact and visit schools and PSHE leads/groups, local authorities, Public Health and commissioning groups.
The position is home-based, but you must be willing to travel throughout the South, South West and Midlands and to make some evening presentations. You are expected to:
- Be confident using IT packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be consistent and thorough in your reporting each month
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and telephone manner.
To register your interest and to receive the full job specification, please ring 01300 320665. Closing date 15th December 2018.