A wonderful opportunity has arisen to join our small team at The Alcohol Education Trust Charity to support schools, colleges, special schools, youth and sports clubs across the South, South West and Midlands to ensure that young people learn to stay safe around alcohol.
The role is home-based on a self-employed basis (21 hours a week for 46 weeks a year). The hours are flexible, with more expected in term time and less in school holidays.
The Alcohol Education Trust has a very specific remit – the provision of alcohol education in different ways, to young people age 11 – 18 and their parents/carers. We provide engaging and evidence-based resources and lesson plans for teachers as well as day to day support and training. We work with schools, PRU’s, special schools, local authorities, youth groups, foster agencies, police and parents to provide holistic support to young people throughout school and society, bringing people together across different communities and settings. You can learn more by visiting www.alcoholeducationtrust.org and www.talkaboutalcohol.com.
The Coordinator will help fulfil the Alcohol Education Trust’s remit, namely to:
- Host training workshops for teachers/community leaders on how to use the Talk about Alcohol programme and other resources.
- Host Talking to Kids about Alcohol sessions for parents/carers in school, or informal settings. We have an additional focus for foster carers and for parents of children with moderate learning difficulties.
- Actively contact and visit schools and PSHE leads/groups, local authorities, Public Health and commissioning groups.
The position is home based, but you must be willing to travel throughout the South, South West and Midlands and to make some evening presentations. You are expected to:
- Be confident is using IT packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be consistent and thorough in your reporting each month
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and telephone manner
To register your interest and to receive the full job specification, please email email@example.com or ring 01300 320 665